Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sweet Friendship...

I read something today that caught my attention and warmed my heart. Now, I am not sure where this definition was originally listed but I happened upon it while reading A Love that Multiples, the latest book by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar (yes, I read their books and watch their show- I love that family!). Anyhow, the definition was for the word Fellowship- “the oneness of spirit enjoyed by those on the same side of a struggle”.  For me, the first real fellowship that I can remember (that wasn’t from immediate family) started somewhere back in first grade with my dear friend Candace. I don’t remember exactly where that friendship began but if I had to guess, I’d be willing to bet it started on the playground at Fannin Elementary. What a sweet friendship that has been for me- looking back on those years I think how different my life might be if God had not allowed her friendship in my life. It was through Candace that God brought me and my family to First Baptist Midland. That journey paved the way for numerous other friendships, teachers, and mentors that greatly influenced my walk with God. Some of my fondest memories from that season involve a multitude of church trips, musicals, youth camps, and other various church activities that I was blessed to be a part of. Over the years, God has been gracious to me and brought a host of other wonderful friends into my life as well; too many to name in one post (the list would make this post the new never-ending story-lol)! But from all those late nights at the salon- eating pizza and coloring our hair (Kim!), and the many Dr. Peppers, ridiculous movies/TV shows, and BSM events (Sarah!), all the way to the long talks (Jenna!) and wonderful bible studies (First Wives Club!!); God has blessed me with the gift of fellowship. There has been endless laughter and joy as well as oceans of tears and heartache, sometimes on my end- sometimes on theirs. I have always known that God is with me, but today He reminded me that He has also given me friends and family, people in the flesh, to walk this road with me. For all those who have shared in my life, thank you. Thank you for giving me the true and godly gift of fellowship! You have blessed me more than you know~

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
                                                                    Hebrews 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment